|John J. Hinnegan|
Keeping the old flavor and feel of classic architecture is what had made Hinnegan-Peseski Funeral Home a long lasting tradition in the City of Chatham.
Established in 1904 by John J. Hinnegan the original location was on the corner of Fourth and Llewellyn Streets
in Chatham. In 1932, Hinnegan moved his place of business to the former estate home of Duncan McLachlin, at its present location on William Street.
Mr. McLachlin, owner of the Canada Business College, built his mansion in the late 1870’s.A related story is that of Mr. McLachlin’s son, an aspiring Hollywood actor, in town visiting his family, had with him a friend, also a struggling young actor who, before he left, carved his name in one of the wooden joists in the basement. His name was Gary Cooper.
|Tom and Nancy Peseski|
In 1945, T. Brady Hinnegan took over and added substantially to the structure over the years. In December of 1986, Thomas E. Peseski, having been employed for 24 years, purchased the business.
In 1989 Tom’s eldest son Ron joined the business and in 1996, Tom’s youngest son Dan joined the business. In 2009 Tom and Nancy retired and now their sons Ron and Dan own and manage the Business.