Obituary of Sr. Patricia McLean
McLEAN, SR. PATRICIA (Pauline Patricia), formerly Sr. Michael David, entered eternal life on October 14, 2023 in Chatham, Ontario. She entered the Ursuline Sisters of Chatham, Ontario in 1958. During her religious life she served as a teacher in Chatham, Dublin, Stratford, Windsor. She was principal at St. Patrick’s, Dublin, St. Joseph’s, Chatham and St. James, Windsor.
She served on the General Leadership of the Community from 1977-1981 and again in 2005-2009.
- Educational Consultant for the Diocese of London
- Director – Christian Renewal Centre
- Work in women’s education, emphasizing Feminist Spirituality; teaching at Brescia in religious studies, establishing and coordinating The Circle Women’s Centre at Brescia.
- She served on the Foundation Board at Brescia
- Accompaniste for the Companions
- Received the “Famous Five” Award
- Community Finance/Investment Committee
She was born in 1935 in Brockville, Ontario, the daughter of Jean (McDonald) and David McLean. She is survived by sister-in-law Nancy McLean, brother-in-law, Donald Binns and several cousins, nieces and nephews. She is predeceased by her sisters, Connie and brother-in-law Romaine Wells, Mary Clare McLean-Binns and brother, Allan McLean.
Relatives and friends are invited to join the Ursuline Community at a Celebration of Life prayer service to be held on Tuesday, October 24, 2023 at 2” p.m. in the Kiva at Villa Angela, 20 Merici Way, Chatham. Donations in memory of Sister Patty may be made to “Chatham Ursuline Charities”, 20 Merici Way, Chatham, Ontario N7L 3L8 or to the charity of your choice.